Glory Glory Hallelujah!

Hello Hello Family and Friends! 

I will probably say this every week, but this week especially FLEW by. I feel like my last p-day was like yesterday haha. Needless to say a lot of good things happened this week! 

At the beginning of this week a few of our friends from our Branch (larger group of missionaries) left and sang a beautiful song during our Sunday Service. They were an "advanced language" branch so they were all from different places around the world: Peru, France, Tonga, Samoa. Thus, they all spoke different languages! In their native tongue, they each took a turn singing a line of "We'll Bring the World His Truth" to then all join together in English at the end. I cannot describe the immense Spirit that was felt in that room. Tears still come to my eyes as I write about it now; it is truly indescribable how universal Jesus Christ's church is and how the Spirit can communicate through any tongue. I am so blessed to be at this training center where so many people from around the world join in one purpose to serve our Heavenly Father. 

This week we did several things! Our district laughed a lot (of course), I got soccer kicked in the face with a volleyball (woke up with a headache and my nose still hurts haha), and my companion and I got locked out again (again my fault)! We continued to eat Cannon Center food, literally sprinted to class because we were late, and got really good at the game signs when we have 5 min of free time! Needless to say, I love being at the MTC! The people I'm surrounded by are just amazing! After exercise time one day, a group of Samoans and Tongans (literally the nicest people ever) were taking a huge group picture and invited everyone who walked by to join in: "Sista, sista! Jump in, get in the pictua! Eldar, Eldar c'mon!" haha, so funny. But people are just so loving here! It's the best! 


We taught a woman named Carolina from Uruguay on Monday, and finally saw our original guy Albin on Wednesday! Our first lesson with him was a tad shaky as he didn't really want to hear what we had to say. BUT, the very next day was truly one of the best experiences I have had here. Due to our difficult lesson the day before we had really been praying to go by the Spirit of what God needed this man to hear. I felt God was guiding my path as I searched for scriptures to share with him, and this guidance truly manifested itself in our lesson. As we asked one question in particular (Why do you think God cares that we know Him?) He paused for a few seconds and looks at us and goes, "I really have never thought of that before, why does He care?" As I responded in fluid Spanish it was truly a feeling I have never felt before. As I spoke I felt the words out of my mouth were truly reverenced and from a voice not my own. I felt instead of speaking person to person, I was speaking spirit to spirit. I know God was in that room. As we left, my companion had tears in her eyes, not from sadness, but because we had been praying for a lesson like this: one where we truly listened and where God spoke through us. There is nothing better than being a missionary. 

Last week I was chastised by my brother for writing an essay of an email but HEY! there's just so much to say! The last thing I want to touch on this week is being grateful. This week I received several messages from my supportive family, friends, and even our devotional speaker on Tuesday about gratitude bringing us the most joy in this life. When we are grateful we notice God's hand. When we are grateful we allow God to speak to us more clearly. When we are grateful it is "as if we are wearing a pair of headphones that filters out all the negative and bad in the world and flashes images and feelings of goodness." What a blessing that is! Even amidst our trials and tribulations we can find joy through gratitude! Last Sunday one of the Branch Presidency member's wives said it the best: "Shut the windows, do your best, the Lord your God will handle the rest." The more we shut out distractions, negative thoughts, and cares of the world, the more opportunity we have to see God in our lives. 

What a wonderful gospel this is, the gospel of Jesus Christ. Every day I get to represent Him. I feel the responsibility in this call, and also much gratitude and happiness because of it. I know my Savior lives. I know He is in the details of our lives. I know when we reach out to God, God will always reach out to us. It is through faith and action that we grow. 

I love you all and hope another amazing week is on the way for you!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALEX!
Hermana Leonard 

Funny Quotes: 
-It was raining outside one day and Elder Jones: *Has a rain jacket on and his hood up in class* Our teacher goes: "why do you have your hood up?" He goes: "Because it's lloviendo (raining)" 
-I got this tiny water bottle off of the "shared table" in our hall (no worries, it had a tag on and I washed it) and we call it the sparkle stick (it's purple and sparkly). Without fail someone asks me everyday, "How much does that hold, three ounces?!" haha, it's so funny. 
-Elder Samson: "Anyone want a roll?" *pulls out three squished rolls from his pants pockets* 

Topic of Study: 
My dad invited me to consider the situation of Shiblon in Alma 38 this week. While he was steadfast in the gospel and doing the things he should, his father still reminded him to remember God as trials come and press forward despite challenges. Even in times when we are righteous, we must never forget our God! As I read, I found so many truths in this chapter and it is now one of my favorites in the Book of Mormon! 

(sorry for the novel again:))  And the subject line is from this one Elder's favorite hymn, so we sing it like three times a week. Haha... but it's a good song and we all love it!  So happy!
The Ecuador and American flags were right by each other this week.  The BEST two places ;)
 One of my favorite things in the MTC.  Love this quote and Love seeing it everyday!
Week four!
Just a little calligraphy!  The sun is shining for us!  Love the Fall and looking out over all the trees changing!







Comments