Living the Dream
Hello hello!!!
A great week! We had lots of great experiences and here are a few!
My first Zone Conference! A Zone Conference is basically a meeting with lots of other missionaries where we listen to our Mission President share his thoughts and receive training! It was great and I learned so much! My favorite thing that our President shared was about the mission being "a dream" (hence my subject line)! He said at one point in our lives, the mission was just "a dream" for each one of us... and now, we are living the dream... so LIVE the dream!!!! So cool to think about! As some of you know, serving a mission was a long and hard decision for me! So, although it may not feel like a dream now, at times, I have already had so many experiences and learned so much here that I wouldn't trade it for the world. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and I am learning every day why this dream is part of His plan for me:)
Fun thing we did this week to contact more people was to go into every store in our sector and contact the salesperson! This resulted in many unnecessary purchases of cookie flavors, but also many great conversations! Through this approach, we found two AMAZING people sincerely interested in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Their names are Victor and Juliana, who both say they want to change their lives because they feel something is missing! Wow! We have only had one lesson with each of them but it is amazing to see how Heavenly Father prepares people! We just have to go find them! They are both now reading the Book of Mormon and are excited about it! It will forever be my favorite thing to see someone get excited about "a new book" or to simply learn that God has a plan for them! This week, my friend told me that we are representatives in the greatest advertising program in the world! Haha, so true! My calling is so amazing! A walking representative of Jesus Christ and the message that He lives!
This week I have thought a lot about the significance of the Book of Mormon. A book that men and women died for, millions walked miles across the plains for, and a book that millions NOW continue to walk miles for... in order to bring it to the souls of mankind (all voluntarily!!). President Nelson, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ, invited us each to consider what our lives would be like without the Book of Mormon. I've concluded I wouldn't be nearly the person I am today. I would be confused, without purpose, and I wouldn't know my Savior as well as I do. I cannot imagine my life without it... to be honest, I think it's a life I wouldn't want to live! And so, I am incredibly grateful for the Book of Mormon and the truth, joy, and love we find in it's pages. Truly, I have a purpose in my life because of this book. I invite all to read it, no matter what you've heard about it, and experience that love for yourself. It's something I get to share with God's children every day! What a blessing that is!
Sending huge hugs from Ecuador and a big smile to all those who are reading! Hope you all have a great week... I'll just be out here Living The Dream in Ecuador!
Hermana Leonard
Favorite picture of the week: We were talking to some people in a park and at the end of the conversation this girl says "I get along so well with you guys, can I take a picture with you!?" Then gave us hugs! So cute and such a tender mercy from God! Here we are with her...
A great week! We had lots of great experiences and here are a few!
My first Zone Conference! A Zone Conference is basically a meeting with lots of other missionaries where we listen to our Mission President share his thoughts and receive training! It was great and I learned so much! My favorite thing that our President shared was about the mission being "a dream" (hence my subject line)! He said at one point in our lives, the mission was just "a dream" for each one of us... and now, we are living the dream... so LIVE the dream!!!! So cool to think about! As some of you know, serving a mission was a long and hard decision for me! So, although it may not feel like a dream now, at times, I have already had so many experiences and learned so much here that I wouldn't trade it for the world. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and I am learning every day why this dream is part of His plan for me:)
Fun thing we did this week to contact more people was to go into every store in our sector and contact the salesperson! This resulted in many unnecessary purchases of cookie flavors, but also many great conversations! Through this approach, we found two AMAZING people sincerely interested in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Their names are Victor and Juliana, who both say they want to change their lives because they feel something is missing! Wow! We have only had one lesson with each of them but it is amazing to see how Heavenly Father prepares people! We just have to go find them! They are both now reading the Book of Mormon and are excited about it! It will forever be my favorite thing to see someone get excited about "a new book" or to simply learn that God has a plan for them! This week, my friend told me that we are representatives in the greatest advertising program in the world! Haha, so true! My calling is so amazing! A walking representative of Jesus Christ and the message that He lives!
This week I have thought a lot about the significance of the Book of Mormon. A book that men and women died for, millions walked miles across the plains for, and a book that millions NOW continue to walk miles for... in order to bring it to the souls of mankind (all voluntarily!!). President Nelson, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ, invited us each to consider what our lives would be like without the Book of Mormon. I've concluded I wouldn't be nearly the person I am today. I would be confused, without purpose, and I wouldn't know my Savior as well as I do. I cannot imagine my life without it... to be honest, I think it's a life I wouldn't want to live! And so, I am incredibly grateful for the Book of Mormon and the truth, joy, and love we find in it's pages. Truly, I have a purpose in my life because of this book. I invite all to read it, no matter what you've heard about it, and experience that love for yourself. It's something I get to share with God's children every day! What a blessing that is!
Sending huge hugs from Ecuador and a big smile to all those who are reading! Hope you all have a great week... I'll just be out here Living The Dream in Ecuador!
Hermana Leonard
Favorite picture of the week: We were talking to some people in a park and at the end of the conversation this girl says "I get along so well with you guys, can I take a picture with you!?" Then gave us hugs! So cute and such a tender mercy from God! Here we are with her...
| Awesome overlook outside the house of someone we're teaching. |
| Our District is HUGE right now because we have a lot of people waiting for Visas! |
| Soaked from running home in the rain! |
| Bought a little cactus and named him "Pilas" which means "sharp" (as in intelligent)! |
Comments
Post a Comment