Getting lost in the Lord's work

Hello Hello!

This week went by quickly for me and I hope it was a great one for all of you!  Good and bad news about our friends from Venezuela...the ones I told you about last week. They will be leaving for Columbia to search for new jobs up there, so we won't be teaching them anymore. BUT, they all came to church this past week! I don't think I have ever been so happy to see anyone walk through those church doors! They excitedly shook our hands when they came in and said later that they "loved" the service!! Our friend Frailys also told us that when they took off for Columbia, they each made sure they had their Books of Mormon with them! I will never forget them and their special spirits, I just know that one day they will find the gospel again!

And they're off...to Columbia1
Fun story of the week! For the few weeks I've been here in Tulcan I've been seeing this one other lady with blonde hair... like everywhere! I didn't think much about it, besides that I was seeing her everywhere.  Lo and behold, we ran into her again this week in a shop where we were buying a few things. She stopped me and said "I've been seeing you everywhere (haha) and have been wanting to ask you where you are from because of your hair and eyes!" It was seriously so funny! Her name is Katy and we have a visit scheduled with her this week and I am so excited to find out why we have been having these funny coincidences:) I am positive she will come to know her Savior more in these next few weeks.  And hey, just another fun story about being blonde, right?  Other than people constantly telling me that I look like a barbie! haha

Overall this week, my testimony has grown even further regarding God's perfect plan and how He places people in our paths. We have several individuals we are teaching and preparing for baptismal dates and I know it is because the Lord has been preparing their hearts for much longer to receive this message of His gospel! I am also very excited because we have two baptisms coming up this week on Saturday (my first ones on my mission!) Two girls named Camila and Melany, who we have been preparing and we are very excited to see them make this promise with their Heavenly Father!

A scripture I have been pondering a lot these past couple of weeks is found in Alma 58:10
I love that it talks about the people "pouring out their souls in prayer" and then how God listens to them and delivers them. I truly testify of the power of prayer and of how much our Heavenly Father cares about our individual lives. He truly is there, all we have to do is reach out!

I love you all and hope you feel the love of the Lord this week! I know He is there! Give your loved ones a hug for me! And if any of you see my family this week, give them a big hug for me too:)

Hermana Leonard

On exchanges with some other Hermanas

Stairs leading to a house we visit often

A cool sign in Tulcan

P-day Italian meal with our District

Comments