Another quick update...
Last Friday we had a surprise phone call from Aubrey who was at the airport in Ecuador, about to board a flight. What?!? Despite the border closures, her mission president had worked with the US Embassy in Ecuador to secure a flight for all the North American missionaries to return to the states. After overcoming many local transportation issues (to get her from the most Northern part of her mission to the most Southern part) while complying with the 2pm-5am "no one on the streets" curfew requirement, she made it home. She arrived in Salt Lake City on Saturday afternoon where she and many other missionaries were escorted to a parking garage at the airport, so we could pick them up without creating large crowds inside the airport. It was a sweet reunion!
After stopping for a hamburger (her request) on the way home, she took a walk through our new house (we moved in while she was gone) and found a place on the sofa.
Although exhausted from very little sleep, during three days of crazy travel, she told us of the many tender mercies and miracles they saw along the way. So...our home-based social distancing time just became exponentially more fun with our girl home! After a 14 day quarantine with us, she will receive a new missionary assignment somewhere here in the states. I'll let her share her thoughts on this... but for now, I want to personally extend my gratitude for so many of you who have been in touch with us via phone call, text, email etc... I got off social media a month or so ago so I truly appreciate the personal contact! We are doing well and hope the same for all of you!
Much Love,
lisa
After stopping for a hamburger (her request) on the way home, she took a walk through our new house (we moved in while she was gone) and found a place on the sofa.
Although exhausted from very little sleep, during three days of crazy travel, she told us of the many tender mercies and miracles they saw along the way. So...our home-based social distancing time just became exponentially more fun with our girl home! After a 14 day quarantine with us, she will receive a new missionary assignment somewhere here in the states. I'll let her share her thoughts on this... but for now, I want to personally extend my gratitude for so many of you who have been in touch with us via phone call, text, email etc... I got off social media a month or so ago so I truly appreciate the personal contact! We are doing well and hope the same for all of you!
Much Love,
lisa
Comments
Post a Comment