Remember, Remember!!

 Hey homies!! 

Not tons of time today but here are some things that have been on my mind! 

All our friends right now are progressing... slowly, but surely! We continue to teach the Tapia and Mendoza families (the Mendoza's are a new family we found a few weeks back) and our good friend Betzy. Sometimes as missionaries we just wish the people we're teaching would gain testimonies super fast and quickly realize all the blessings waiting for them.  But that's not how it works hahah:) they're in the Lord's hands!!

Meeting Juanita--who we've been teaching over the phone!

This week I loved a quote that our mission president's wife told us about the ups and downs that come with missionary work... and with life in general. She said, "If we had consistent success, Heavenly Father wouldn't be allowing us to realize WHERE our blessings are coming from. We must be tried so we will rely on Him over and over again... so we will continually remember from what source our blessings come." Basically, God allows us to have harder times in life because He wants us to always look to Him for help and guidance. If things were just easy and great all the time, we would easily forget about God. He wants us to REMEMBER Him always!! God and Jesus Christ are the only people we can look to when we feel there's nowhere else to turn. That is something we get to teach people every single day. 

I love this thought from God's prophet, President Russel M. Nelson, from a talk he gave in 2017 where he said "When you reach up for the Lord's power in your life with the same intensity that a drowning person has when grasping and gasping for air, power from Jesus Christ will be yours." There have been a lot of times on my mission where I've felt like I'm gasping for air to work just one more day, help one more person, accomplish one more task... and Jesus Christ has helped me every single step of the way. I have a strong testimony of the enabling power of Jesus Christ's Atonement (Grace) as it's the power beyond our own that only He can give us to help us move forward. I know Jesus Christ can help any one of you with whatever you may be going through, just like he's helped me.

Our Wednesday weekly service crew!

This upcoming week we are having transfers! Every 6 weeks we get moved around as missionaries, so I'll get to find out if I'm going to stay in my area or go somewhere else?  We'll get the news about what's happening later this week! 

Love you all so much!!! I hope this week we can all remember God's blessings in our lives just a little bit more and we can all rely on Jesus Christ to help us along. We're all in this together:) 

Hermana Leonard 

Our whole district will find out whether we stay or go this week...

Trying our hand at growing succulents!


Comments