Reason to Rejoice!!

 HELLOOOOOO EVERYONEEEE

This week Hermana Leonard had one of her happiest, happiest days on the mission as she watched her friend Daniel get baptized!!!!!!! Hahhaaha, I won't talk in third person anymore but I'm just SO excited!!! Daniel Martinez, our 23 year old miracle, was able to get baptized on the 23rd of October, and while I could not go in person, watching him get baptized over zoom still brought tears to my eyes as I felt the Spirit so strongly. Daniel's life is truly changing. He is one of the strongest examples of faith I have ever seen. He had to let go of a lot of old habits and rely on the Savior to help him do so... and he did it! He did it so well! I got to talk to him for a few minutes before the baptism and he just looked so bright and happy!! I cannot explain in words the process of change I saw him go through! I will always remember the two hour phone call with him, that one night months ago, telling us that he felt something different about our message...I cannot describe how amazing it was to see him act on the things he felt were true. Wow!! October 23rd, what a happy, HAPPY DAY! 

Daniel's baptism Day (via Zoom)

Not going to lie, leaving my area in San Clemente was so hard for me... I still think about my friends who are being taught there and such a big part of my heart will always live with them in the streets of La Zanja... but a scripture that has brought me so much peace recently is this one in Alma: "But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day (Alma 26:7)." I constantly have to remind myself that the Lord is in charge of His work and I just need to trust in Him! I know my dear Hermana Haskin and her companion are taking good care of our friends... I just miss them! As I've been able to put more trust in the Lord though, I've been able to see so much more joy and success in this work not only in my last area, but here in Escondido as well! 

Our girl, Lauren, in the Escondido YSA ward

Our friend Casey is still going strong towards her baptism! We are just so incredibly impressed every time we teach her something new because she always just accepts it and takes it in stride! We taught her some big commandments this last week and she had absolutely no problem accepting them... she is truly just so prepared by God. She did not, however, come to church this past Sunday so we will have to move her date out just slightly... so no Halloween baptism but we're all still so excited!!!
 
Teaching Casey at a beautiful overlook

The Lord is truly blessing us and this next week will be another amazing one looking forward to the baptisms of Casey and the Fuentes Family (which I get to drive up to San Clemente and go to)!!!!! As I think about all these people and the amazing progress they have made, I think about the great missionaries in Alma chapter 26, who express their joy by saying, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.  ...there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God." 

God truly is the one making all these miracles happen! God knows no limitations and will carry out His plan for His children! I just feel so blessed to be a small part of helping Him with those plans. This week is another big week with some leadership meetings, little exchanges with the other Hermanas, and going out and about on campus for the first time wahoo!  I hope you all know how much God loves you and has put angels in your path to show you the way! I LOVE YOU!!!  

Hermana Leonard

Hermana Hughes (in training)

Pumpkin carving fun on P-day



 

Comments