Saving "Almas"
Hello hello! and Merry Christmas this week!
This week was a rollercoaster and we had lots going on! Tuesday I got to pick up my new companion, Hermana Draney, and we had a crazy first week of her mission! It was filled with an amazing first zone conference (in person) and I got to see Hermana Crane again, we got to see our Sister Training Leaders like every day so we became super good friends, and so many members were so kind doing acts of service for us! We love the Vista 4th ward!!
![]() |
| Meeting my new companion- Hermana Draney |
![]() |
| Someone anonymously heart-attacked our door--feelin' the love!! |
![]() |
| Delicious tacos made by one of our favorite members!! |
The most exciting part of this week was when our friend Alma told us she wanted to be baptized in February of this next year (Alma means "soul" in Spanish, thus my pun of a subject line-- "Saving Almas = Saving Souls" you're welcome)!! Alma has been being taught by the missionaries for about 2 years now and has always had some family complications with getting baptized. We are still dealing with some of those complications but both she and we have been praying a lot about how to help her progress towards this goal and we all believe this is the time for her to take this step!! As of right now her baptism is scheduled for February 15th so please please pray for Alma!!
At Zone Conference this week we got to experience the life of Jesus Christ "through the five senses" which was pretty cool! This consisted of us wearing blind folds and with various audio tracks playing, people came by and placed various items in our hands to go along with the audio... it's kinda hard to explain but it was a very unique experience through which we were able to feel like we were almost walking through the life of our Savior. Beautiful!
![]() |
| The Hermanas at Zone Conf |
Another amazing part of this week was seeing how a family we have been teaching has truly changed since our first interaction with them. At first they were pretty separated and wouldn't talk much amongst themselves, but this past visit they all rushed to the door when we came, telling us they had read in the Book of Mormon every day that week. They were all joking and laughing with each other during our visit which was a huge change. It was amazing to testify to them that the increase of happiness they are seeing within their family is BECAUSE they are living and applying the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no better gift this Christmas than the sight of a family more filled with God's love and the light of Jesus Christ.
Every single day on my mission I have truly grown closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and I understand more and more what it means to receive His grace- His enabling power from His Atonement. There are never many easy days on the mission, but I think that is what it is meant to be so we can grow into stronger disciples for Him! That being said, my new companion had a pretty hard first week and due to some medical complications she will be flying back to her home in Utah tomorrow morning. I'm sad to see her go, but she is an incredible person and I feel so honored to have gotten to be her companion, even if it was only for a week. I learned so much from her! My new companion will be one of my good friends Hermana Haskin, who I was companions with back in San Clemente! She's a good friend of mine so we're pretty excited!
![]() |
| Grateful to have been with Hermana Draney--even if just for a week! |
I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and that you truly remember the reason for the season. I feel this Christmas, more than any other, grateful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us. Everyone give your families a big squeeze!
Love, Hermana Leonard





Comments
Post a Comment