Twenty One

Feliz Año Nuevo a todos!!!! 

Wahoooo 2021 can we believe it?! My freshman friends at BYU and I would talk about this year all the time and it seemed like such a long way off! Now here we are haha! I'm excited! Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes as well! I felt very loved on my birthday and feel so blessed continually that I have such wonderful family and friends in my life. Here's to a year long adventure of missionary service and twenty one years of life!

My montra for the year 2020 was "I believe in Christ, so come what may." That phrase hung right above my desk in whatever apartment I've been in, Ecuador or California, to remind me not only why I'm serving a mission, but also what I was hoping to gain during this year: a stronger devotion to and testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. Looking back on the year now and seeing the phrase I chose... I don't think there could have been a better fit haha. This year sure threw all of us some curve balls and a year ago I never would have expected to be writing this email from California like I am right now, but I can't tell you how grateful I am for it. Serving this mission in both Ecuador and California has been the biggest challenge and blessing of my life. I can truly say that this year has taught me more about myself, my Savior, and all those around me than any other time in my life. I know now, more than ever, that I do have a Savior... and He lives. 

Looking ahead to this next year I'm sure many new curve balls will come my way!  For now, though, I can say I have fully adjusted and learned to love my life here on the mission! So much so that I feel I could keep doing what I'm doing for a lot longer than just 3 more months. This next year will include returning to my family and friends, starting regular jobs, while continuing with my studies at BYU. While I'm excited for the future, to be honest, there are other things coming up that scare me a lot more than talking to random people on the street. Thus, a new mantra for 2021... "No fear, but faith!" I pray for myself, and for all, that this next year can be one filled with replacing the fears we may have with faith in God and His son in The Plan(s) they have for us. Honestly, I've almost learned to look forward to new challenges, because within those challenges is where we grow the most. 

There is nothing I love more than being a missionary. As time has gone on here in the mission I truly feel there has never been a calling that fits me better... to talk to as many people as I can everyday and share the gospel that has always made me so happy and continues to... there is nothing better!!  I hope I never allow myself to slow down with my own progression in the gospel alongside my desire to help others progress as well.  

Happy New Year! Love you all!
Hermana Leonard 

Offering free prayers in the park

Happy 21 yrs to me!

A family brining us the sacrament on Sunday

Elders coming to our rescue!








Comments