Errands for the Lord

Buenas tardes a todos!

Another week done and gone! Time's flying! This week it truly felt like we were just running errands for the Lord, every day. Not many of our main friends made huge progress but we were able to talk to some new people who we are super excited about! It is the most amazing thing when we stop by a family's house and they tell us they were just thinking about how they need to include God more in their lives... and then we knocked on the door:) God has His ways!! 

This week, as we were talking with our friends Maria and Leo, they told us they need more time to really sort things out in their minds about where the truth is before making a big decision like baptism... completely understandable!  They have the desire to find the truth and they are still keeping commitments, we are just helping them understand that sometimes we have to try doing new things and stepping out of our comfort zones a little more in order to find that truth. They have always been faithful in their other church so they feel very conflicted as to which way to turn. 

Talking through things with them, this week, made me think a lot about "comfort" and what that means for each one of us.  If I've learned one thing on my mission it is that "comfort" may be what we prefer, but it's not what makes us grow. From being tossed around into lots of different situations on my mission, I can say I'm truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for showing me that discomfort helps me grow. Maybe we grew up in one religion or we know one way of life, or have a certain group of friends that we stay with only because it feels unsettling or uncomfortable to have to make new friends. Maybe we want to go try something new, like a sport or something, but having to do it alone just seems too intimidating, so we don't.  Here's the question... what are we missing out on because we don't stretch ourselves? How much progress could we make if we had the courage to endure some temporary discomfort? It takes faith to leave where we're comfortable, even though greater blessings may be waiting for us if we trusted God enough to ask Him if another way is better! 

Right now on my mission, I'm comfortable. I love it!! I love my life, I love my companion, I love the language, and I love the people I'm surrounded by. Some even say Vista, CA is kinda a dump... but I LOVE IT!  Haha...   So. it's no wonder that Heavenly Father will, all too soon, be putting me into a new situation that I'll be forced to grow from. He loves us TOO MUCH to ever leave us as we are! 

But for now, please continue praying for Alma, Maria, Leo, the Mayo family and our new friends the Rojas Family!  Satan works harder on people the closer they get to truth! Also, please pray for me because Hermana Worthington has somehow convinced me to run with her in the mornings during our exercise time! Hahaha  

Another side note, every Friday we have a little ward activity called "soccer night" and one of our bishop's 8 children, Micah, invites tons of people to come and we all just play soccer in the church parking lot!! This week Hermana Worthington and I improved slightly so people didn't score 5 goals in a row when I was the goalie!!  I've learned that sometimes I feel the Spirit the strongest when I am surrounded by people I love and we are all just laughing and having fun together. Updates next week on how our soccer skills are coming along;) 

Have a happy week! 
Hermana Leonard 

Last day on bike--we got our car back!!

New friends- a very fun family!!

Dinner on the go....








Comments